Tuesday, August 30, 2016

101 One-Dish Dinners Cookbook



I had the pleasure of previewing the One-Dish Dinners Cookbook by Andrea Chesman. I'm a big foodie and baker/cake designer who loves cookbooks.  I love them to be simple, to the point without a lot of babbling and all the technical terms, especially if you're just cooking for yourself and the family.

This cookbook is broken down into 4 sections.
1 - Soups and Stews
2 - Skillet and Other Stovetop Suppers
3 - Oven-Baked Suppers
4 - Salad Suppers

Fall is coming and comfort foods are my favorites, this cookbook is all about comfort food.  Me being from the South, I found a lot of old favorites I'd never thought putting into one dish. There's a lot of variety in the cookbook, from Southern favs, Asian favs and I notice several Mediterranean favs. She has broth recipes that are simple and well explained.  Also information on cast iron skillets, dutch ovens and other tools you'll need. I thoroughly enjoyed this cookbook and even prepared the Skillet Lasagna pictured below.


I would recommend this book to everyone, It's really easy to read, recipes aren't overly complicated and who doesn't want a book that maps out the recipes clear and concise. 




No comments:

Post a Comment